Wednesday 14 September 2016

Crafty Gals Corner - Challenge #89 - Freestyle

It's time for another challenge with us at the
This week it is anything goes with

Today I have used a My Besties image (img856) by Sherri Baldy Designs, one of our generous sponsors for the challenge to create my Design Team project this week.


I coloured the image with Copic markers then double matted it with orange cardstock.
The base is 8"x8" (yes, it ended up being a huge card) which I made into a top fold by scoring the back panel and adhering it in place using a book binding glue (see below).
The pom pom trim is quite bulky, so I added a foam layer between the green matted layers and under the matted image panel, so that all the layers sit nice and flat, with the trim tucked into a channel in the foam.
The ballons are a combination of balloon dies and "strings" from Christmas ornament dies.

At first I was nervous about her curls but once I got started and decided to give them a more doodled texture, they were fun, can't wait to colour more.  It is difficult to see but there are three shades of brown in each curl.

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Copic markers - skin - E50 E51 E53
Copic markers - hair - E34 E35 E37
Copic markers - eyes - YG17 G46
Copic markers - dress, shoes & bows - YG25 YG17 YG67
Copic markers - dress trim and accents - YR04 RV06

Copic markers - kitten - C1 C3 C5
Kaisercraft decorative dies - Doilies
Spellbinders Die D-Lites - Sentiments Three
Paper Smooches - Balloons Dies
Paper Smooches - Big Balloons Dies
Poppystamps dies - String Ornament
foam sheets - between green matted layers & under matted image panel
foam dots - to adhere balloons
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere all layers
Tombow Mono Multi Glue - to adhere sentiment & balloon strings
Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue - to adhere the top fold
pom pom trim
rhinestones

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to Sherri Baldy Designs for supplying the My Besties digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge #89 with the Crafty Gals Corner.
  

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my Design Team card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~
September Challenge #9 - Theme - Layer It Up
Including the image panel, I have six layers on my card front,
along with layered doilies and sentiment.
   
   
~~~*~~~*~~~
My Besties UK Challenge Blog
September Challenge - Anything Goes or Sparkle / Bling
I have used the img856 My Besties image and
added sparkle with the rhinestones on the doily.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~

    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I have used Sketch 465 to create my card.
   
~~~*~~~*~~~
PaperCrafter's Corner
Magazine Mondays - Week 161
I was inspired by the green against the orange & pink
(there are pink polka dots & scallops in her green & orange dress)
and by all the scallops and circles too.

    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I have used green polka dot paper and there are pink polka dots on her dress.
... the pom pom trim & rhinestones are like dimensional polka dots too.
~~~*~~~*~~~
The dress has pretty lacy layered ruffles and 
I have included a lovely layered lace doily as an accent.
~~~*~~~*~~~
A Gem of a Challenge
Challenge #177 Ribbon, Lace or Twine
I have used orange pom pom ribbon as a decorative accent on my card
and "paper" twine on my balloons.
~~~*~~~*~~~
Favourite Song or Film & WHY
My favourite song is "Happy Birthday To You"
because it usually means a happy family gathering.
~~~*~~~*~~~
~~~*~~~*~~~
Crafty Cardmakers
Challenge #172 - Layer It Up
Including the image panel, I have six layers on my card front,
along with layered doilies and sentiment.
~~~*~~~*~~~
Including the image panel, I have six layers on my card front,
along with layered doilies and sentiment.
~~~*~~~*~~~
~~~*~~~*~~~
Orange and green are my most used colours, so I have
bundles of scraps that are perfect for die cutting and layering.
~~~*~~~*~~~

57 comments:

  1. Great pom pom trim, doily and rhinestones. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Bunny :)
      ... I confess, I'm a bit of a ribbon and bling hoarder, so it was a pleasure to give them a workout!

      Delete
  2. Lovely card, I love the doily! Thank you for sharing with us the Come and Get It Challenge! ~DT Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I love the orange and green colour combo. Love the gems on the doily - perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a colorful and fun birthday card! Adorable design! Thanks so much for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Wanda :)
      I really enjoyed using the sketch and I'm thrilled with the final design of my card ... very different to what I originally envisioned and I find that exciting!

      Delete
  5. Love the details of your card. Beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Judy :)
      I look forward to joining more of your challenges, it's fun to try new themes for inspiration!

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous thank you for joining into our challenge at https://coloritcreateitshowitoff.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/my-besties-colour-it-create-it-show-it.html
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable! One of my favorite cards that you have made ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, a great image and design. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very fun card - I love the colors and the placement of those cute balloons is perfect, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy this is beautiful
    Thanks for join our 100ste CH at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling card, Tracy.
    I didn't realize you have a blog ... I joined today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rebecca :)
      Thank You for following my blog too, hope you drop by again soon.

      Delete
  12. Hi Tracy! This is beautiful, thank you for joining into our challenge at My Besties International.
    Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous coloring and Card. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It Challenges.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. love this image and the way you have colored her. Thanks for sharing with us at My Besties UK Challenge.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a terrific card Tracy!! Love all the layers and your fabulous coloring!! Love Sherry's adorable frilly girl images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beverly :)
      This is my first My Besties image and I can see them becoming an addiction!

      Delete
  16. Beautiful colour combination, and love the layering!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute image! Great colors taken from the PCC image.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hated this magazine cover! Maybe 'cause it made my brain stuck! You aced it! This is an amazing card! Your coloring is off the charts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Suzi :)
      It was really nice to join the PCC challenge this week, hoping to become a regular there with you again!

      Delete
  19. Lovely card! I really like the balloons to the side - just the right embellishment ;o) Thank you for joining our „Layer it up!“ challenge over at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, Tracy. I love the colourcombination and you colouring. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It this week xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just so cute and the green and orange is a winning combo. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {My Besties UK Challenge DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Desire :)
      Yes, orange & green are one of my favourite combos, along with orange & pink.

      Delete
  23. This is gorgeous. I love the balloons and doily. Thanks for joining us at zmy Besties UK. Cathy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this Card!! Love the image!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very sweet Tracy!
    Thank you for joining Color it, Create it, show it of.

    Greetings, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty ! Thanks for joining us over here at Scrapbook Stamp Society.
    Good Luck!
    Eleonora DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love you beautiful card with the balloons.
    Thank you for joining us at Colour it Create it Show it off
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card ... love the colors with cute image. Thank you for joining us at My Besties Aussie Challenge. Hugs Rose

    ReplyDelete
  29. Precious...Thank you very much, for participating September of challenge
    http://coloritcreateitshowitoff.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.